So my theory in last month’s article was that if I publish my goals and let others know about them then I’m a lot more likely to succeed, so how has that worked out???
- checkAdd 10 articles to my affiliate site – I managed to publish over 10 articles on my site, and am starting to use the new Thrive Architect plugin, which is a big improvement on the old Thrive Content Builder
- checkSet Up Amazon Affiliate Account – This was pretty easy to do and I ended up starting accounts in the UK, US and Canada as well as publishing my first full affiliate review article and use the Easy Azon plugin to generate the Amazon links. Not expecting any traffic or income from this for a while, and as long as I make 1 sale in the first 180 days then Amazon won’t close my account!Complete content plan for niche website – Well, I haven’t really completed this task, but what I did do was outsource research on KGR content and had someone search 15,000 keywords in my niche to find at least 200 easy to rank keywords, which I’m going to drip feed into my writers over the next few months.
- checkBrief writers for 15 more articles – In the end I only briefed one of my writers in to do another 5 articles as I was waiting on the keyword research content to come back
- checkComplete content plan for niche website – Well, I haven’t really completed this task, but what I did do was outsource research on KGR content and had someone search 15,000 keywords in my niche to find at least 200 easy to rank keywords, which I’m going to drip feed into my writers over the next few months.
- checkReach 2000 products in my eBay store – Unfortunately this was a bit of a fail and I am only up to 1700 products. I purged a load of products from www.splashandrelax.co.uk from my store, because they are quite simply shit and always display products even when they’re out of stock. On top of this my Virtual Assistant has been struggling a bit to get the listings done, so I had to have a chat with her and try to push her a bit more. In fact to try and motivate her I’ve asked if she knows anyone else she can train to do her job, so she can take on more of a role like a Store Manager, which might be more interesting for her… still awaiting her reply!
Needless to say I didn’t even look at my stretch goals this month with all of this going on and also getting distracted with the Merch by Amazon shiny object!
Goals for September
September is a massssssive month for me. Not only will I be leaving my job that I’ve been in for the last 10 years, but I’ll be heading off to Thailand with my lovely lady and renting my flat out. At the moment, I’m not 100% sure who it is going to pan out, but my rough plan is to relax on the islands for a couple of weeks, then head to Chiang Mai to see if I can get involved in some of the entrepreneurial action up there. Realistically I’ll only start having time to focus on my business streams from October so Im going to keep next month’s goals relatively simple:
- Add 10 more articles to the niche site
- Brief 10 more articles for my writers including 2 affiliate articles
- Push to get 2500 eBay listings
- STRETCH GOAL: This one I’m not really sure about, because of the amount of time it will take up and take me away from my other goals, but I really want to take the Low Hanging System course and start to get things set up there whilst I wait for my Merch by Amazon approval
Interesting times ahead….